July generally is the warmest month of the year in Amsterdam, with temperatures ranging between nighttime lows of 13° C (54° F) and midday highs around 22° C (72° F).
Mind you, historically July weather has always been precarious at best (as is Dutch weather in general, no matter what month you pick).
You never quite know what you’re going to encounter — especially nowadays, what with global warming and other allegedly non-existent meteorological phenomena.
Monday (24) Scattered and intermittent light rain showers throughout the day, at times with a bit of sunshine in between. Afternoon high temperature: 18° Celsius (64.4° Fahrenheit).
Tuesday (25) Sunny intervals, with some scattered light rain showers possible from late morning through mid afternoon. Late afternoon high: 20° Celsius (68° Fahrenheit).
Wednesday (26) Sunny intervals. No rain until around midnight. Afternoon high temperature around 22° Celsius (71.6° Fahrenheit).
Thursday (27) Sunny intervals throughout the day, with some scattered (light) rain showers possibly throughout the morning. Afternoon high temperature: 20° Celsius (68° Fahrenheit).
Friday (28) Periods of sun and sunny intervals alternate throughout the day, with an afternoon high around 21° Celsius (69.8° Fahrenheit). No rain.
Saturday (29) Mostly overcast, with some sunny intervals possible during the (early) morning hours. No rain. Afternoon high temperature: 23° Celsius (73.4° Fahrenheit).
Long term forecast, Monday July 31 through Monday August 7, 2017: About 60% chance of a return to the rather cool (for the time of the year) and changeable weather pattern. And around 40% chance that the warmer weather weather pattern will prevail.
Amsterdam is extremely crowded during June, July and August. Get tickets for museums, tours, public transport ahead of time.
Normal lows and highs in July
1-10: 13/21.6° Celsius (55.4/70.88° Fahrenheit)
11-20: 13.3/21.8° Celsius (55.94/71.24° Fahrenheit)
21-31: 13.8/22.6° Celsius (56.84/72.68° Fahrenheit)
Good news: July used to be the third wettest month of the year, but lately it has ranked somewhere in the middle.
If you do run into some rain it’s usually not enough to use an umbrella for.
Most showers are brief, and sometimes there’s little more than a drizzle.
Just pop into a store or a café to wait it out.
And if it looks like a day with the sort of weather you dislike, plan to visit a museum or two.
By the way, sunrise is before 6:00 am and sunset is somewhere around 9:30 pm.
When the weather is sunny, do like the Amsterdammers do and enjoy some relaxing time at one of the many outdoor cafés.
What to wear in Amsterdam in July
Count on warm weather. Even when it rains it never quite gets cold.
There is no need to carry around an umbrella. Should it rain, simply duck into one of the many cafés or coffee houses.