A collection of ‘home pages’ with Amsterdam Tourist Information on a variety of topics.
Everything is presented the Dutch Amsterdam way: basic information along with our unique, local perspective and, where necessary, a generous serving of opinion — provided by locals.
Amsterdam: Some Basics
- Where is Amsterdam?
- Online Map
- The city’s center — Amsterdam’s most popular district
- Currency exchange — Where to change your money to Euros
- Electricity — Do you need travel converters in Amsterdam?
- Can you use your mobile phone in Amsterdam
- Weather: Amsterdam averages, forecasts — and what to wear
- Current time, date, and day of the week
- What not to do in Amsterdam
- What the city’s Coat of Arms represents
Amsterdam: Public Transport
- Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
- Central Station — Amsterdam’s central hub
- Public Transport: Tickets
Amsterdam: Streets & Squares
- Damrak: The Red Carpet into Amsterdam
- Dam Square: The heart of the city
- Rokin: another part of Amsterdam’s ‘Red Carpet’ into the city
- Muntplein: Busy junction to Flowermarket, Kalverstraat, Rembrandtplein and more
- Museums: list of museums, plus information on how to save money on entrance fees
- I amsterdam City Card: See Amsterdam museums for free, use public transport for free, get a free canal cruise.
Amsterdam News & Media
- News From Amsterdam, in English: One way you can get a real ‘feel’ of life Amsterdam is by checking the local news. So that’s what we provide for tourists, business travelers, convention visitors, students, expats, and so on. Plus some background about the media scene in Amsterdam