A collection of ‘home pages’ with Amsterdam Tourist Information on a variety of topics.
Everything is presented the Dutch Amsterdam way: basic information along with our unique, local perspective and, where necessary, a generous serving of opinion — provided by locals.
Amsterdam: Some Basics
- Where is Amsterdam?
- Online Map
- The city’s center — Amsterdam’s most popular district
- Currency exchange — Where to change your money to Euros
- Electricity — Do you need travel converters in Amsterdam?
- Can you use your mobile phone in Amsterdam
- Weather: Amsterdam averages, forecasts — and what to wear
- Current time, date, and day of the week
- What not to do in Amsterdam
- What the city’s Coat of Arms represents
- Cityguide Amsterdam + metropole region: accessible routes through Amsterdam Provides 5 accessible routes through Amsterdam and information about accessibility public transport, restaurants, museums and shopping streets.
Amsterdam: Public Transport
- Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
- Central Station — Amsterdam’s central hub
- Public Transport: Tickets
Rent a Car
No booking fees
No credit card fees
Best price guaranteed
24/7 phone support
- Seafaring cruise ships dock at the Passenger Terminal Amsterdam
Amsterdam: Streets & Squares
- Damrak: The Red Carpet into Amsterdam
- Dam Square: The heart of the city
- Rokin: another part of Amsterdam’s ‘Red Carpet’ into the city
- Muntplein: Busy junction to Flowermarket, Kalverstraat, Rembrandtplein and more
- Museums: list of museums, plus information on how to save money on entrance fees
Where and When to See the Tulips
- The best time to see the tulips at Keukenhof is from the middle of April through the first week of May
Cafés and Restaurants
- Where to eat (includes food tours — anything from a pizza or wine and cheese canal cruise to a private food tour)
- Prefer pubs? Amsterdam has its ‘brown cafés‘
- Herring — Amsterdam’s most popular street food
- I amsterdam City Card: See Amsterdam museums for free, use public transport for free, get a free canal cruise.
Tours, Excursions, Skip-the-Line Tickets
- DutchAmsterdam recommends GetYourGuide to easily discover and book tours and activities in Amsterdam and throughout the world
Yes, we earn a small commission from each purchase you make — at no additional cost to you. This helps us provide DutchAmsterdam free of charge.
- What you should know before considering one of those free walking tours
Amsterdam News & Media
- News From Amsterdam, in English: One way you can get a real ‘feel’ of life Amsterdam is by checking the local news. So that’s what we provide for tourists, business travelers, convention visitors, students, expats, and so on. Plus some background about the media scene in Amsterdam
Amsterdam Photos & Videos
Greetings from DutchAmsterdam — The Amsterdam Experts