Laidback Backpacker Hostel in Amsterdam
It is said that the cherry on top of your Amsterdam experience is a stay at one of the Flying Pig Hostels.
This may very well be true.
Our Downtown hostel is located right next to Central Station and the crazy Red light district. This 18th century building and former 3 star hotel has been turned into a real party spot. It is known for its wild nights and relaxed atmosphere mixed with some of the comforts from home!
Cultural spots such as Dam square, the Royal Palace and the Anne Frank house are just around the corner. The main shopping street is right outside your front door, but for great bargain shopping you can go to the outdoor market at Waterlooplein (square). Or you can stroll around the oldest part of Amsterdam (the Jordaan area) which is well known for its tiny houses, canals and many cozy restaurants. The Rembrandtplein (square) is a great spot to spend your time with a pint in hand!
– Source: The Flying Pig Downtown
The Flying Pig — with two locations in Amsterdam, and one at a beach resort 30 minutes from the city — provides the best balance between laidbackness, homily comforts and the excitement of the city of Amsterdam.
It does so under a “one price covers all” philosphy, offering : Cheap, budget prices that include as many facilities they can possibly offer.
The Flying Pig Facilities
- Free quality, buffet style Continental breakfast
- Free linen
- Free use of a self-contained kitchen
- Dorms & private rooms (The privates are equipped with a little fridge.)
- Single & Queen size beds
- Shower & toilet in most of the rooms
- Open 24 hours with night security
- No curfews/ no lockout
- Free individual lockers in the rooms Bring your own padlock or buy one at reception for â‚¬5
- Free use of reception safe for small valuables
- Free luggage storage
- Free internet & E-mail services (Internet, Skype facilities & wireless internet.)
- Credit cards are accepted
- A laid back atmosphere
- Lively hostel bars with theme/DJ or beach party nights
- & the cheapest beer in town!
- Friendly service from our receptionists
- Free phones to call all EFH (Europe’s Famous Hostels) members
- Sale of several tickets at reception
- Free movies to watch
- Pool table
The Flying Pig Hostel Bars
Amsterdam. The name always rings bells of naughty secrets and wild adventures — no one can remember. So here you are. Great. But where to start?
Our Flying Pig bars will provide you with the perfect spot to meet new friends and to hang out in the city of sin! We serve the cheapest beer in town, great spirits, special Dutch shots, various juices, breezers, wine and much more.
The music that we play varies from jazz to cheesy to pop to golden oldies to electro to metal or heavy, to jungle to punk to reggae. You name it, we play it. We do have to warn you; besides the theme nights you could run into any of these on any given night, so just enjoy the rideâ€¦But donâ€™t worry; the bartenders are open to requests too!
To maintain that homely, relaxed feeling we have chill out spots as well as party spots in every bar. The stage with comfy pillows for example has become a real Flying Pig trademark.
The Flying Pig bars are smoker-friendly but to buy our famous Dutch grass you can walk to one of the many coffee shops close by.
– Source: The Flying Pig Backpacker Hostels Amsterdam
Check Photos, Reviews, Availability and Rates
Other Hostels in Amsterdam
Looking for something else? Check these other hostels in Amsterdam.
Do not republish or repost.
GetYourGuide is our Trusted Ticket PartnerWhy stand in line during your vacation? Beat the crowds by booking Tours, Skip the Line Tickets, Museums, Excursions and Activities online.
Your GetYourGuide Ticket Advantage:
Authorized Ticket Seller
Verified legal tour operators
Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
Skip-the-Line (if available)