Home > Visitors Guide > Weather > Amsterdam Weather in July

Amsterdam Weather in July

July generally is the warmest month of the year in Amsterdam, with temperatures ranging between nighttime lows of 13° C (54° F) and midday highs around 22° C (72° F).

outdoor study girl

Mind you, historically July weather has always been precarious at best (as is Dutch weather in general, no matter what month you pick).

You never quite know what you’re going to encounter — especially nowadays, what with global warming and other allegedly non-existent meteorological phenomena.

Amsterdam Weather Forecast, July 2020

Updated July 1, 2020:
Current Amsterdam weather

As a service to our readers we update this page with weather forecasts throughout the month of July.

During the rest of the year see the general information on this page.

Thursday, July 2, 2020 Early morning scattered light rain showers (30% chance). Mostly cloudy but dry during the late morning. Sunny intervals (about 60-70% sunshine) from around noon until sundown. Afternoon high around 19° Celsius (66.2° Fahrenheit).

Friday, July 3, 2020 Sunny intervals (about 50% sunshine) most of the day. Sunniest in the late afternoon and early evening. No rain. Afternoon high temperature 20° Celsius (68° Fahrenheit).

Saturday, July 4, 2020 Overcast all day. Light rain showers from late morning through the rest of the day, all night, and almost all Sunday. (We need that rain, by the way. Weather in the Netherlands has been way too dry these past few years). Afternoon high 18° Celsius (64.4° Fahrenheit).

Sunday, July 5, 2020 The light rain that started yesterday morning continued through the night and will be with us until about mid evening. Mostly overcast skies, but still an afternoon high temperature of 20° Celsius (68° Fahrenheit).

Monday, July 6, 2020 Sunny intervals, probably no rain, and an afternoon high around 16° Celsius (60.8° Fahrenheit).

Tuesday, July 7, 2020 Sunny intervals all day, starting with about 50% sunshine in the early morning. The amount of sunshine increases as the day progresses, topped by an abundantly sunny evening. No rain. Sunset is at 22:04 (that’s 10:04 PM). Afternoon high around 17° Celsius (62.6° Fahrenheit).

Long Term Forecast

Thursday July 8, 2020 through Thursday July 15, 2020. Gradually decreasing daily probability of rain (to 40-50%). But also a fairly high probability (60%) of maximum temperatures below the long-term average.

Check our August weather

Where our weather information comes from

Our weather information is based on long-term averages as reported by various meteorological services, including the Koninklijk Nederlands Meteorologisch Instituut (KNMI) — the Royal Netherlands Meteorological Institute (KNMI).

Amsterdam is extremely crowded during June, July and August. Get tickets for museums, tours, public transport ahead of time.

Normal lows and highs in July

1-10: 13/21.6° Celsius (55.4/70.88° Fahrenheit)
11-20: 13.3/21.8° Celsius (55.94/71.24° Fahrenheit)
21-31: 13.8/22.6° Celsius (56.84/72.68° Fahrenheit)

We update this Amsterdam Weather in July information throughout the month.

Good news: July used to be the third wettest month of the year, but lately it has ranked somewhere in the middle.

If you do run into some rain it’s usually not enough to use an umbrella for.

Most showers are brief, and sometimes there’s little more than a drizzle.

Just pop into a store or a café to wait it out.

And if it looks like a day with the sort of weather you dislike, plan to visit a museum or two.

By the way, sunrise is before 6:00 am and sunset is somewhere around 9:30 pm.

When the weather is sunny, do like the Amsterdammers do and enjoy some relaxing time at one of the many outdoor cafés.

Windmills and cloudy sky

De Zaansche Schans is a working community/outdoor museum just outside Amsterdam. Shown here under a typical June/July sky.

What to wear in Amsterdam in July

Count on warm weather. Even when it rains it never quite gets cold.

There is no need to carry around an umbrella. Should it rain, simply duck into one of the many cafés or coffee houses.

Amsterdam Climate

See also: General information about the weather in Amsterdam

Hello! Our original content is protected by © Copyright DutchAmsterdam .nl
Do not republish or repost. Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

GetYourGuide is our Trusted Ticket Partner

Why stand in line during your vacation? Beat the crowds by booking Tours, Skip the Line Tickets, Museums, Excursions and Activities online.

Your GetYourGuide Ticket Advantage:
Authorized Ticket Seller
Verified legal tour operators
Printed or Mobile Voucher Accepted
Skip-the-Line (if available)
Instant Confirmation
Easy Cancellation

About This Article

Category: Weather
Related to: ,

Last updated: Wednesday, July 1, 2020 at 10:32 PM, Central European Time (CET)   
Transparency:
The DutchAmsterdam website includes affiliate links. That means we get a small commission — at no additional cost to you — for each purchase you make. Your support helps us provide this site free of charge. Naturally, as our Editorial Policy states, our content is never influenced by our advertisers or affiliates.