Home > Visitors Guide > Weather > Amsterdam weather in June

Amsterdam weather in June

Estimated reading time: 5 minutes

Good Time To Visit Amsterdam

Prinsengracht Brouwersgracht canals in Amsterdam
The corner of Prinsengracht and Brouwersgracht, basking in the kind of weather than makes Amsterdam look at its best

In terms of weather, June is a good month in which to visit Amsterdam.

Overall, you can expect quite a bit of sunshine, with lots of blue skies and a normal average temperature of 15° Celsius (59° Fahrenheit) — and daytime highs of 19-20° Celcius (66.2-68° Fahrenheit).

Mind you, the Dutch grew up with this more of less standard weather forecast for this time of the year: In the morning sunshine and here and there’ some rain; in the afternoon sunshine with now and then a shower. (A brilliant forecast, right?)

Fortunately, the rain showers tend to be short and intermittent.

As for the sunny part, it is rare that you see a completely blue sky, because the sun often must compete with clouds — cumulus clouds, mostely.

See the Weather Forecast below this ad

Amsterdam Weather Forecast for June, 2023

Updated June 20, 2023
This weather information is updated throughout the month of June.
At any other time the general information on this page provides you with a good overview of what of weather to expect in Amsterdam in June.

  Where to swim in and around Amsterdam

This week: Sunrise: 5:17 (5:17 am) — Sunset: 22:06 (10:06 pm)

Wednesday, June 21, 2023 — Mostly sunny with about 90% sunshine in the morning, and 70% in the early afternoon. Late afternoon until sunset: abundantly sunny. No rain. Afternoon high 23° C | 73.4° F.

Thursday, June 22, 2023 — Mostly cloudy in the early morning. Sunny intervals (with about 50% sunshine) from late morning until mid-afternoon. Overcast the rest of the day. No rain. Early afternoon high 23° C | 73.4° F.

Friday, June 23, 2023 — Abundantly sunny from early morning until about mid-afternoon. Sunny intervals the rest of the day, with ±50-70 sunshine). No rain. Mid-afternoon high temperture 22° C | 71° F.

Saturday, June 24, 2023 — Periods of abundant sunshine and sunny intervals play tag. No rain. Afternoon high 25° C | 77° F.

Sunday, June 25, 2023 — Abundantly sunny in the early morning. Sunny intervals around noon and the rest of the day, with about 70% sunshine. However, it will be cloudier in mid-to late afternoon. No rain. Afternoon high temperature 28° C | 82.4° F.

Monday, June 26, 2023 — Sunny intervals all day, with 50-80% sunshine. No rain. Mid-afternoon high 21° C | 69.8° F.

Long Range Forecast

Tuesday June 27, 2023 – Tuesday, July 4, 2023: Large (75%) chance that the dry and (fairly) warm weather will continue with sunny periods. Small (25%) chance of occasional rain with temperatures around normal for this time of the year.

See the July weather forecast

Average Highs and Lows in June

Normal Average Low and High Temperatures in June in Amsterdam
DateMinimumMaximum
June 1-1010.6° Celsius (51.08° Fahrenheit)19.4° Celsius (66.92° Fahrenheit)
June 11-2010.8° Celsius (51.44° Fahrenheit)19.2° Celsius (66.56° Fahrenheit)
June 21-3011.7° Celsius (53.06° Fahrenheit)20.3° Celsius (68.54° Fahrenheit)

Amsterdam Weather In Other Months

Here’s the kind of weather you can expect in July
The weather in other months

Where Our Weather Information Comes From

Our weather data is based on long-term averages and current forecasts as reported by various meteorological services, including the Koninklijk Nederlands Meteorologisch Instituut (KNMI) — the Royal Netherlands Meteorological Institute (KNMI).

Amsterdam Weather Facts: June

Temperatures
• Average lows: 10° C (50° F)
• Average highs: 20° C (68° F)

Sunrise & Sunset
• June 1 – 5:25 a.m. / 9:21 p.m (Oh, here is how the Dutch tell time)
• June 30 – 5:22 a.m. / 22:06 p.m.

Rainfall
• Average: 73 mm (2.9 inches) in 72 hours

What to wear in Amsterdam in June

Girl on bike in Amsterdam
What you’ll want to pack for a June vacation in Amsterdam: short sleeved tops or summer dresses, short skirts, shorts, or light slacks

For the most past it’s shorts and T-shirts weather — or, as the case may be, skirts and tops or summer dresses. Short sleeves!

Jeans, light slacks, or — if you tend to be on the cold side — light sweats are fine, too, especially at night.

As always you should plan for a mix of weather: lots of sunshine interspersed with (brief) showers and/or overcast days.

Don’t go overboard with the rain gear. The weather is mild, even when it rains and/or is overcast. If thundershowers are in the forecast it can be muggy as well.

You’ll just have to play it by ear. If it looks like it’s going to rain for quite some time, visit a museum and/or catch a movie. If only showers are expected, enjoy the outdoors and pop into a pub, coffeeshop (or coffee house) or an eatery for a while.

Photo Tip

When it’s sunny and the skies are blue, you can take fantastic, postcard-like photos in Amsterdam.

Just remember: your pictures will have the bluest skies when you shoot them while standing with your back turned toward the sun. Otherwise the sky tends to come out white and washed out.

You’ll want to use a lens hood on your camera as well.

Amsterdam Climate

General information about the climate in Amsterdam
Local weather during other months

Amsterdam Tourist Information

[do_widget title=false class=has-medium-font-size id=”top-posts-4″]

Category: Weather | Related to: ,

Last updated CET (Central European Time)

Hello! Our original content is of course protected by © Copyright DutchAmsterdam .nl
Do not republish or repost. Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape    

Why stand in line during your Amsterdam vacation?

Beat the crowds by booking Amsterdam Tours, Skip the Line Tickets, Museums, Excursions and Activities online. GetYourGuide is our trusted ticket partner.

Transparency:
The DutchAmsterdam website includes affiliate links. That means we get a small commission — at no additional cost to you — for each purchase you make. Your support helps us provide this site free of charge. Naturally, as our Editorial Policy states, our content is never influenced by our advertisers or affiliates.